AGENDA Action on all positions.
Coaching/Support Staff --- Current Structure, Requirements
Recruiting Current and Future Status
Pre-Season Invited Players, Dates & Camp
Club Leadership/Player Development
Club Staff / Volunteer Development
Coaching / Support Staff
Positions for review and confirmation.
Ø Assistant Coaches
Ø Reserves Coach
Ø Under 19 Coach
Ø Junior Coaches
Duties as follows
- a) Assistant to all Coaches
- b) Undertake development of young players as directed
- c) Act as liaison between all grades
- d) Assist transition of U18 players into senior squad
- e) On Selection Panel
- f) Take specialist role (senior) match days
Weights Coach (Strength & Conditioning)
- g) Specialising in summer training
- h) Maintaining tone throughout season
Action: Match Committee to formulate potential candidates with above criteria to be considered.
- In conjunction with Physio,Head trainer,weights coach
- Chairman of Match Committee (Review)
- Chairman ???
- Assistant coach, logical, great thinker, knowledge of opposition.
- Reserves coach
- Centre On ball, Backs, Forwards and Ruck Coach
Game Plan Development & Research
(Senior, Assistant Coaches,) Require senior player participation in this area e.g. Coaching staff, Leadership Group
- Line Coaches. ??????? Working on all these areas(On ball Centres, Forward, Back)
Centre Ruck Play. (Set up Positions) (Ruck Coach)
Backline Defensive, Attack Inside
Centreline Work Area ½ forward – ½ back ,
Forward line Set- ups 1, 2, 3,
1%s Shepherd, Blocking, Knock on etc etc
Kick ins (Ours) Positions
Kick outs (Opposition) Zones
Forward Scout (Review games at venue or video)
- A person with time to look at opposition teams.
- Give short report verbal or written report. (all senior players receive copy) to players at team meeting
- Strength, weakness, movement, players to watch, kick in and out etc.
- ??, great contributor around club (always available)
- ??, enormous contributor around club (always available)
Head Trainer (Fantastic)
- Always on hand. Physio Thursday and Game Day
- Must have 1 Physio at training Tuesday evening (Sharing Role)
- ?? terrific must be retained. Need backup list. Res & U18
- Match Committee to appoint.
- Require runners to attend minimum one session per week
- Players we must retain of season 2019 and beyond, Make up list of priorities.
- Consider training nights in payment system
Contact potential recruiting officers (past players) in outlying areas.
- ?? League
- ?? and Districts
- ??? League
4 Player Welfare
- Player Interviews Work and Football related
- New recruits
- Employment Seek Job opportunities (if required)
- Any problems
- Action others ( List )
Pre Season Training
- a) Players to be given fitness program over festive season
- b) Invites to be sent out by 15th October 2018
- c) Pre-season program to commence Wednesday 31st October
- d) 1 session per week Monday or Wednesday evening (7 weeks)
- e) Weights program to be included- Group sessions
- f) Players to co-ordinate program. (interim)
- g) Consult players re two Sunday sessions (Fun run)
- h) Training 2019 to resume Mid/late January TBA
- Ø Ascertain possible sites and availability
- Ø Coaches to visit site if possible
- Ø Program to be drawn up. Needs to be monitored to avoid injury
- Ø To be held early/mid February Maybe (1st one) early one in Dec
- Ø Prepare budget for camps
Players Classic (Running Comp Club players)
- Ø Suggested Date: Friday 14th December (last training session)
- Ø Match Committee to draw up race format (four events on main oval)
- Ø Community Night BBQ for all attendees
- Ø Merry Xmas
Fixtures & Changes
- Ø Proposal for any changes to our fixture (are we happy with the fixture)
- Ø Club to organise three practise matches with other clubs
- Ø Jumper presentation to be held on (TBA)
6 Club Leadership/Player Development
Vital that the next generation of Club Leaders be identified and developed,
Coaches, Senior players, Assistant Coaches to organise.
This should be addressed during the December pre-season period with the objective of introducing a program at the camp and implementing from then on.
- Following needs, to be addressed
- v Define qualities of a good leader
- v How to identify and develop Club Leaders
- v What is the role of Club Leaders
- v On Ground off Ground
7 Coaching Seminar (after all coaches appointed)
Coaching Seminar (early November) run by Club personnel
Include all Club Personnel. Volunteers, Football, Netball Juniors, Schools, Sponsors, see how it’s run.
Coaches input, re content, Run by competent chair perso
8 Club Staff / Volunteer Development