In this post we have a detailed advertisement and check list for you to evaluate prior to employing a new assistant coach.
A solid Job description is essential.
Job descriptions are required for recruitment so that you and the applicants can understand the role.
A job description defines a person's role and accountability thus without a job description it is not possible for a person to properly commit to, or be held accountable for, a role.
We welcome comments and suggestions on this post and let us know if you use it to help your club.
JOB DESCRIPTION (General)
To coach and develop players of the club to perform consistently at
their highest level
This position is responsible to the Football Manager
In conjunction with the Senior Coach, ensure the arrangement, co ordination and supervision of team training sessions and player fitness program
- Assist in the major areas of player skill and strategy training
- Ensure the teams are best prepared for each match
- Formulate and supervise skill training programs for individual players
- Report any deficiencies requiring urgent attention in performance and training to the Senior Coach
- Provide advice and instructions to individual players and the team
in respect of fitness, development, skills and tactics
- Coach the team during all participating games
- Be part of the Match Committee
- Attend all formal training sessions
- Assist with the management of recruitment
- Assist with the management of pre season groups
- Liase with the U18 Teams Coach on possible promotion of players to reserve grade.
- Attend, on occasions U18 training sessions/matches to familiarise yourself with the players
- Liase with player families
- Attend all club and team functions
- Take full control of Senior training if and when directed by the Senior Coach