OFF SEASON MAINTENANCE TRAINING (Ideas Only)
Two training sessions per week during the festive season
One of the sad things about being fit is that if you do nothing you become unfit very rapidly. Hence the old saying “if you don’t use it you lose it”. In the six to eight week period (festive season) it would be quite possible to lose significant amount of your fitness and condition. Fortunately a small amount of training can maintain much of your conditioning. One or two weight sessions per week or two thirty minute aerobic sessions (running, cycling, swimming, boxing) should ensure that you start pre season at a higher level than in previous years.
Don’t waste the off season and then make excuses.
Listed below a few ideas that may be of use. (Form your own program)
“The only person you can change is yourself”
“Winners make commitments….I will! I Must!)
“Other make promises…..I might)
- Continuous 50 minutes at a steady pace.
- Fartlek 1 Warm up. Ride easy for four minutes then hard for four minutes. Repeat 4 – 8 times Warm down.
- Fartlek 2 Warm up. Ride easy for two minutes then hard for three minutes. Repeat 4 – 8 times Warm down.
- Fartlek 3 Warm up. Hard 20 minutes and record distance covered. Target 8
- Target 9
- Target 10 kms Warm down
Running Program Min 2 Sessions
- Thirty minute run including hills. Warm up. 1 x 800 mtrs. 2 min recovery , 1 x 600 mtrs. 90 Sec recovery, 1 x 400 mtrs 60 Sec recovery
- Easy run around environs
· 3Km Time trial Aim 15 min max
· 4 x 300m with 90 Sec Recovery 5 Minutes off then repeat"
· 300m 60 Secs off, 100m 3 Min off. Repeat 3
· 300m 3 Mins off 5 x 60m Walk back 3 Mins Recovery
1. Interval 1 100/200m warm up, 2x100m 60 secs recovery follow by 4 x 50m, 60 sec recovery, repeat, slow 200 warm down
2. Interval 2 200m warm up, 8 x 100 m 60 Sec recovery each 100m then slow 200m warm down
3. Interval 3 200 Warm up, 10 x 50m 30 secs recovery each 50m warmdown.
Weight program as per your own schedule
It’s all about Stretching our Comfort Zone.