Motivation is a Key Factor with composure.
Encouraging team members is one of the Coaches key responsibilities.
- Think of the different reasons why your players relish the position they play in. We (coaches) then have a better understanding.
- The most enthusiastic players relish a challenge.
- Be aware of what makes a player Tick, all personalities are different.
- Demand high standards of them.
- Demand discipline with team rules and game plan.
RECOGNIZE GOOD WORK
- Be prepared to speak about the Positives as well as the negatives. Too many of us only speak of the Negatives.
- Speak of all the positives on Game day, or we will “focus on this area to improve”.
- Credit players for a job well done.
- Credit Team for a job well done
- Be specific about your compliment. (It will show you have an eye for detail)
- Credit players who do a specific job and why it was so important to the Team.
- Make these a natural part of your Coaching philosophy.